Friday, June 25, 2010

Travels with the Kids

So, I've spent the last 10 days on leave taking the kids to visit relatives and sightsee all over the New Haven area. It has been a blast so far (exept for some minor "fighting" when the kids are tired).

We took the train into NYC yesterday, and went to the American Girl Doll Place, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Toys R' Us, and the NYC public library. We ate hotdogs and pretzels from a street vendor and had gelato in Grand Central Station.

So I asked my kids what their favorite part of the day was...

One of them said, "I got to touch the dinosaur toe"...Toys R' Us had a giant T-Rex in the one section and it moved around and growled...she remembers touching his toe...that just killed me that out of the whole day...touching a toe was her highlight.

My other kids liked the American Girl Doll Place (of course), and shaking Spiderman's and Ironman's hands (another Toys R' Us event).

A wonderful day...it is just funny what kids remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment