Do you have challenges at bedtime?
"One more story dad...please...."
"One more hug....please...."
If these, or similar requests fill your evenings around tuck-in-time, well then I am not alone. My children seem to beseige me nightly for just a few more minutes of my time.
Am I a bad father for giving in? Should I be setting a better limit that bedtime is a hard and fast rule? Not that I am a slacker when it comes to discipline (ask my 20 y/o)...but I just have trouble not fulfilling their requests.
I wonder sometimes if it is because I deploy...and I feel guilty that I leave them for long periods of time, cause them stress, and have missed so much.
Does that guilt cause me to give in to easily when I should really be setting a limit? Kids do need limits afterall.
Or have I gained some insight from my time away, that many things in life really arene't that important...and the ones that are important should be cherished.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment