Wow!
That is all I can say about today. Ignite 2010 was awesome! We had about 1,000 men there today. It was awe inspiring! I wish I were going to be here next year so I could attend again. We need more of that from the pulpit on Sundays, we need more of that from the church. Then again, we are called to action, so we men must be the ones who more it forward.
We started the day with Mass (celebrated by Rev. Robert J. Cunningham, Bishop of Syracuse), followed by a talk from Fr. Larry Richards. He was just what the doctor ordered. I bought a copy of his book called, "Be A Man". His talk was motivating, challenging, and a call to action! It was right up my alley with the discussion of the role of men in society, and how we need to stand up and truly set the example for our family to follow.
Then we had confession...I think almost every man in there went to confession. Wow, again! We wouldn't need 1/2 the psychiatrists we have if people went to confession on a regular basis...it was incredibly cathartic and humbling. I felt like my soul had a really good shower.
Then we had two more quest speakers, Jesse Romero and Sean Forrest. Both were awesome and inspiring as well.
Now I have some homework to do. Live the life for JOY "Jesus, Others, You"
I need to act so as to earn the trust and respect of my wife....God, Wife, Children, Others...in that order. Not Work, Self, God, Wife, Children.
I need to get a good copy of a Catholic Bible I can start carrying with me.
I need to write letters to those I love letting them know that I love them.
I need to "Be A Man" and stand up for what is right...set the example for my family.
I need to defend my family from the evil one.
And if that is not enough...I am still dealing with all of the failings and baggage I left with before the conference.
I am fired up now...but I still have lots of things to "fix" before I move forward.
My oldest is going to be my sharpening stone for my sword drills...she asks some fantastic questions, to which I do not have all of the answers. If someone has those answers, please send them to me. I know the Church has all of the answers, but getting to them rapidly can be difficult at times. I think they need a website with more data, more easily accessible.
But I digress...
Am I pointing her in the right direction? How do I help her to Christ? Isn't that what I am called to do as a Christian Father? How can I fail at my most basic task and still deserve to be called Father?
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment