Friday, February 26, 2010

Ignite 2010

Today went well again! Of course I started the day with a prayer and managed to squeeze in a couple of Rosaries...always helps. I have definitely noticed that if I take time for God in the morning, and center my day on making it all a prayer offering to God, that everything seems to go according to a plan and I do not end up getting stress or "wrapped around the axle" about it.

Tomorrow is the Syracuse area Catholic Men's conference. I am very excited about going! It will be nice to be surrounded by other men who share my values, faith and convictions. You know, our culture continually drags us down...it diminishes the role of men in our families and propagates the myth that equality equals androgyny.

I will write more tomorrow after the conference.

I know we understand the concept that we are what we eat....we know (even if we don't follow it) that what we eat can make us healthy or unhealthy.

Do we realize the same think happens with us spiritually?

This really didn't sink in for me until last year. I spent a year without seeing magazines, TV shows, listening to popular music, etc.

I realized that much of what we ingest is poison. We don't see it in the small doses we've all become numb to, but it is poison none-the-less. What is the difference in a death by a thousand cuts or a death by a single blow. Both result in death!

As much as I try to fill my stomach with healthy food, I must also fill my mind with healthy material. Wish I had realized that 20 years ago! I might have been in a better place much sooner than 40...

Again, how do I impart any of these lessons to my children? How do I save them the pain of searching for the answers? How can I help them arrive at the answers sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment