Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Birthday Party

So today, we attend a birthday party...and as luck would have it the party is at the local YMCA.

It is a gymnastics party, which means the kids get to run around for an hour before they eat cake. Great idea!

So my wife and I go with the three little kids and we have a BLAST!!! We're on the balance beam, the tumble track, the foam pit, the uneven bars...now mind you, we are not gymnasts, and we are both over 40...but you wouldn't have known it by our enthusiastic performance. I am not sure who had more fun...us or the kids...

We must definitely return to "open" gym time and play again. The kids had such a good time too, playing with us, chasing us around and "showing off" their skills at cartwheels and bridges.

We were the only parents in the foam pit though, and the only ones running around like banshees with the kids. When did we adults stop playing? Come to think of it, I don't remember my parents ever doing stuff like that with us.

Is something wrong with me? Or is it society that norms us into sitting on the sidelines watching the kids have a good time?

In fact, I am thinking that I know where our next date might be...

No comments:

Post a Comment