I just finished watching the movie version of "Where the Wild Things Are" with my kids.
I was left feeling a little empty.
I was expecting more of the book in the movie. At least the company and the popcorn were good!
But that is how it goes doesn't it? When we have an expectation that isn't lived up to in reality.
So, it's gotten me thinking...were are the "Wild Things" in my life? What are those things I don't want to let go of, but really aren't good for me? What bad habits do I hang on to because I just don't want to change?
Is there anything you'd like to change that you've been putting off, or know that you should but just can't seem to?
For me, the issue generally revolves around food...I love to eat, and most of the time eat way too much. I have to learn to be disciplined. There is a reason that gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins! I ought to post the list of the seven on my bathroom mirror! That might help me set a better example by knowing what to avoid during the day...LOL!
What is the worst deadly sin?
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the movie had good teaching points and did follow the book. I think talking through the movie like we did with the littles to explain how "his dream" related to his life was powerful. I was happy we rented it.
ReplyDeleteAs for the deadly sins...maybe sloth...that leads you to the path of gluttony. If you are busy you don't have time for gluttonly. And no I am not saying you are lazy, but people tend to eat more when they are sedentary. Overweight people are overweight because they don't move enough to burn up calories. Yeah, I know "I'm big boned" is part of the excuse but the reality show "the biggest loser" begs to differ :)
Love ya!
unbelief?
ReplyDeleteworry?
that's a tough one.....
perhaps turning our backs on God.