Thursday, March 11, 2010

Forever Young

I called my family this morning (yes I am away again), and my wife told me about a "plot" my children were hatching. They're 7,5, & 3 mind you.

They are planning on "scaring" me when I come home tomorrow. They're going to wait up, hide, and scare me when I get there.

Where do they come up with this stuff?

I have been laughing to myself all day long! I can picture the three of them, hiding in the closet and jumping out at me...and I can't stop laughing when I picture that. Almost makes me want to be the "Catcher in the Rye", and keep them at this age forever.

I start feeling melancholy when I think of them getting older.

I also have a 20 y/o so I have some comparison with which to relate.

It's like I can see what is coming for them and it makes me sad. Not that I am not proud of my oldest, but watching the struggles that go along with adulthood, and wondering if I've prepared them properly and praying they choose the right path...

Can't they stay young and innocent forever?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, darlin', but they gotta grow up. They are cute though, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete