Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Playset

Well, today is the first day of spring! And what better way to ring in the season than by putting up the playset in the backyard.

I had taken the set down last fall in anticipation of a move (which didn't happen)...and I left the set disassembled through the winter because no one was going to use it anyway.

So, yesterday afternoon I trapsed the kids off to Sears to buy some power tool accessories! Last fall I used all hand tools to take the playset apart...it took me two days!

This is no child's playset mind you...when my wife sets her mind to something it is quality...so this is a large wooden playset capable of handling adults swinging on it.

So, using a screw driver to pull out all of the screws and a ratchet to pull out the bolts was a tedious matter.

Today was a pleasure! I used my drill, with the adaptor bits to easily assemble the set. Of course I had some help from my wife and kids...parts of this set are just heavy, and as much as I like to be "the man", I have to admit my limitations.

So it is done...my daughters took the inaugural slide of the season, and so it has begun. Now they'll play outside more, run around more, and hopefully be happy and healthy as we head into summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment