Wouldn't it be nice if life were a well paved road on which you could enjoy a nice smooth ride?
Why must the road be littered with potholes, detours, and roadblocks?
Are these all self-inflicted events? Or is there something out there trying to "get" us to make mistakes?
I can clearly see the direction in which I would like to travel. I can clearly see my destination. But the road between here and there is fraught with peril. Some is my own doing (like lack of proper maintenance), and some I did not anticipate (like a washed out bridge). Where will I get the strength to continue toward my destination despite the setbacks? Where will I get the funds for car repairs? How do I get the people riding with me to stay in the car and trust that I know what I am doing, and where I am going?
Now onto the more concrete thoughts...
My son has been testing me lately. He is talking more, which is a wonderful thing, but his increased vocabulary has been used thus far to express his displeasure with all things that don't feed his immediate desires.
He "doesn't like that"!
I am going to need to plan more time in each activity, each day, each event to plan for the seemingly inevitable meltdown that occurs when he doesn't get his way.
I need to remember to say a little prayer, take a deep breath and understand that I can't control his reactions, but I can control mine; and as his father, I need to be the one to set the example for him to follow.
Easier said than done.
Pray for me.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment